Saturday, October 9, 2010

Udi's for Foodies!

On the first day of the wonderful food conference I was attending in San Francisco, there was nothing labeled gluten free for breakfast - although there was a lot of fruit.  I was starving and definitely needed more than fruit and my regular pot of coffee.

They made the announcement during breakfast that they would provide a separate small gluten free buffet at lunch. Terrific!!  I couldn't wait for lunch as a $26 room service cheeseburger (no bun) seemed a bit steep of a sacrifice. A big shout out and THANK YOU to BlogHer for making the extra effort for gluten free food.

The gluten free buffet table had a lot of the naturally gluten free food items, which of course are also very healthy...fish, salad, vegetables and a great minestrone soup. But no bread, muffins or rolls anywhere in sight. The food they provided was a great start, but it's obvious that mainstream folks still really struggle with gluten free breads and muffins.  For which, I was very happy to have bought some Udi's bread right before I left.  I ended up making a prosciutto and lettuce sandwich and happily enjoyed the lunchtime guest speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment