Thursday, October 7, 2010

Udi's Takes Flight! Gluten Free and on the road again!

Have Udi's, will travel!  You know what I love about flying Virgin America airlines? They have wifi, they free movies, funky purple lighting, comfy seats, great flight attendants, champagne and yummy foods that are actually marked gluten free. Okay. They didn't HAVE the Udi's bread...I brought it with me as I always do. But, hey, Virgin America, if you're reading this, I highly recommend adding it to your repertoire. (p.s. Please bring back the mint for the mojitos)

It wasn't that long ago where I'd end up starving on travel because there wasn't anything I could eat. Or, as in the picture above, you could get spreadable cheese, sausages, jelly, jams etc...but I could never eat the crackers. So, what to do with all the fixin's and NO bread?

Then came Udi's. And I can't help but RAVE about the fact that I can take a loaf of their gluten free bread right out of the freezer, stick in my carry-on bag and then eat at will throughout the trip. I don't even need to heat it or toast it (although it's super toasted, too!).  I'm not sure how they made their bread so different from all of the other gluten free breads, but it doesn't crumble and it stays shelf-stable for days. 

I probably waited more than a year to try this bread when it had been recommended to me numerous times, and as with a lot of my RAVE products, I'm sorry I waited so long. However, I have it now and am so thankful for their line of gluten free breads, muffins and granola (which I still need to try) that all make my life just that much easier!

Click HERE to find Udi's products and get a coupon!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwww. I thought you were going to say that Udi's was served on Virgin America. But, yea, Virgin America for gluten free! (Were you flying first class or do you get all that in coach?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping the Virgin America reads this and they decide to drop everything they're doing and add Udi's on every flight! Why not? :-) I got all that in COACH. Actually, I had an aisle seat that was $35 more than the rest of the seats,but then you get free bags ($25) and free champagne and free food. So worth it. The food was a box of different items and quite a few were actually marked gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Udi changed our lives! At least as far as sandwiches go! :)

    ReplyDelete