Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal - The Organic Healthy Gluten Free "Rice Krispie"


So, this isn't the first product I didn't try right away when I really should have.  I had given up on finding a "Rice Krispie" that was gluten free. (Yes, Rice Krispies contain gluten - it's the malt. Bummer, I know.)  I have been making the "Rice Krispie" treats with Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles. 

However, this cereal is even better!!! It's organic, low fat and low in sugar. Note that Erewhon also makes a "Wheat Free Crispy Brown Rice" that is NOT the same as their Gluten Free Crispy Brown Rice.

This is sold in a lot of stores and I can't believe I waited so long to try them. They're a perfect replacement and I challenge anyone to tell me they notice the difference when poured into a bowl. In fact, the picture above doesn't look as "real" as they do in person.

They have become a staple in our house and my son asks for them every morning. 

They are AMAZING!

Nutritional info:




2 comments:

  1. I've seen it in stores before, but never tried it as I didn't think it'd taste good. Now that you say it tastes great, I'm going to have to try it... expanding my "MC safe" selection of cereals is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been eating this cereal for the better part of a year....LOVE IT! I also add it to my yogurt snack on occasion. Terrific treat!

    ReplyDelete